Character’s Teaching Resources own and maintain the intellectual property rights in their resources and grant buyers the license to use such resources for limited use as described in this section. When you purchase a resource, you’re purchasing a license to use the resource in accordance with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy. All downloadable and digitally consumed resources can only be used in accordance with a license.
Your use of any resource, regardless of whether the license is purchased by you, transferred to you by your organization, or purchased for you as a gift or on your behalf by your school or another entity, is subject to this Resource Licensing Policy and other terms set forth in these Terms. By purchasing the resource, you agree to comply with the terms of this Resource Licensing Policy.
The license to use the resource is given to a single, specific individual user (for example, one specific educator) for that user’s lifetime use. Licenses are non-transferable and may not be used by or reallocated to a different Assignee (for example, an educator who purchases a resource can use the resource, in accordance with this section, but cannot transfer use of the resource to another educator at any time).
Except as otherwise stated in these Terms (such as in the “Limitations on Access” section below), Character’s Teaching Resources grants to the purchaser, for use by that purchaser only, a non-transferable, non-sublicensable, countrywide, limited license to use the resource for the purposes and under the conditions described below.
Character’s Teaching Resources permits you to:
• Assign use of the resource to one Assignee. Once an Assignee has been designated, the license cannot be used by any other individual, but you can purchase additional licenses as needed. For clarity, you can purchase a resource for yourself, as a gift for another person, or as an organization purchasing on behalf of an educator. In such cases, a single “transfer” of the resource to the intended recipient assignee is permitted, but you may not reallocate a resource from one assignee to another or share the resource with additional users unless you purchase additional licenses for each additional Assignee.
• Use the resource for personal, educational, and instructional use only. “Personal Use” means you can use the resources for your own personal purposes, for your individual study and to teach your learners.
• Print and make copies of downloadable resources as necessary for Personal Use. Copies may be made and provided to your learners, classroom aides, and substitute educators as necessary. Copies may also be made for learners’ parents, classroom observers, supervisors, or school administrators for review purposes only. Hard goods and video resources may not be copied, shared, or otherwise reproduced.
• Deliver resources electronically, as needed, by secure means that enable access to resources by only your learners (and as needed, their parent/caregiver, as “permitted recipients”). You may not upload resources to websites, applications, shared drives or other sites or services in a way that enables access by anyone other than permitted recipients.
Unless otherwise expressly permitted by Character’s Teaching Resources:
• You may not use the resource, in part or in whole, for commercial purposes. This means you can’t sell it, use it for advertising or marketing purposes, or use it in any other way in connection with a business or profit-making activity.
• Except as permitted above to deliver resources electronically to permitted recipients, you may not post or otherwise make the resource available on any website, application, shared drive or other sites or services.
• You may not share, send, sell, sublicense, or transfer the resource to someone else for their own personal use unless you purchase an additional license for each additional educator you will share it with. Each resource is for use by one specific educator only.